Re: Max connections - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Max connections
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday 12 Nov 2002 7:30 pm, Williams, Travis L, NPONS wrote:
> To change the max connections I'm assuming I need to edit the
> postgresql.conf file and change this line: #max_connections = 32
> to something like
> max_connections = 64
>
> I do need to uncomment this correct?  Is there anything else I need to
> change?

Travis - haven't seen anyone else reply, but basically "yes". While you're at
it you may want to look at some of the memory settings - more connections
means less RAM per connection.

You'll need to tell postgresql to reload the config file - "man pg_ctl" for
details.

--
  Richard Huxton