Re: PostgreSQL supported platform report and a patch. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: PostgreSQL supported platform report and a patch.
Date
Re: [PORTS] PostgreSQL supported platform report and a  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
I am fine with this because it only touches unixware-specific stuff,
except the change to Tom's inline function:

  [static] inline Datum
  myFunctionCall2(FmgrInfo *flinfo, Datum arg1, Datum arg2)

Tom will have to comment on that.

Billy G. Allie wrote:
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> I am including a set of 4 small patches that enable PostgreSQL 7.3b3 to build
> successfully on OpenUnix 8.0.  These same patches should also work for UnixWare
> 7.x.  I will confirm that tomorrow (Nov 7, 2002).
>
> Here is an explanation of the patches:
>
> 1. An update of the FAQ_SCO file.
>
> 2. This patch removes a static declaration of a in-line function in
>    src/backend/utils/sort/tuplesort.c
>
> 3. This patch to src/makefiles/Makefile.unixware, together with the patch to
>    src/Makefile.global.in allows any addition library search directories (added
>    with the configure --with-libraries option) to be added to the rpath option
>    sent to the linker.  The use of a different variable to pass the addition
>    search paths was necessary to avoid a circular reference to LDFLAGS.
>
> 4. This patch creates the variable (trpath) used by the patch to
>    Makefile.unixware.  This patch would also be for other platforms that would
>    have to add the additional library search paths to  the rpath linker option.
>    See Makefile.unixware for an example of how to do this.
>
> After applying these patches, PostgreSQL successfully compiled on OpenUnix 8
> and it passed all the regression tests.

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

> ____       | Billy G. Allie    | Domain....: Bill.Allie@mug.org
> |  /|      | 7436 Hartwell     | MSN.......: B_G_Allie@email.msn.com