Re: [Q] Sequences, last_value and inserts - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: [Q] Sequences, last_value and inserts
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 12:52:38 -0800,
  "Roderick A. Anderson" <raanders@acm.org> wrote:
> On 1 Nov 2002, Doug McNaught wrote:
>
> > select currval('domain_info_tbl_key_seq');
> >
> > If you read the docs, you would know this.  ;)
>
> Documentation.  Don't leave home without it.  Well I did not knowing I was
> going to get time to work on this.  :-)

Its on the web. Since you have access to email, I suspect that you have web
access as well. The 7.3 documentation on sequence functions can be found at:
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/functions-sequence.html

Even is you are using earlier versions of postgresql this documentation
should apply. This section of the documentation is relatively new, and
may not be in your copy of the documention depending on what version of
postgresql yours corresponds to.