Re: [ADMIN] Fwd: [BUGS] Fwd: FATAL 1: Database dialup does not exist in pg_database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: [ADMIN] Fwd: [BUGS] Fwd: FATAL 1: Database dialup does not exist in pg_database
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday 30 October 2002 07:10 pm, you wrote:
> >> ===8<==============Original message text===============
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> When I execute the command "psql dialup" , I receive this message:
> >>
> >> postgres@www:/usr/local/pgsql/data/base/dialup$ psql dialup
> >> Connection to database 'dialup' failed.
> >> FATAL 1:  Database dialup does not exist in pg_database
> >>
> >> This data base was using.
> >>
> >> What can I do?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best regards,
> >>  roco                          mailto:roco@rieder.net.py
>
> The output of psql -l is
>
> postgres@www:~$ psql -l
> datname  |datdba|encoding|datpath
> ---------+------+--------+---------
> template1|  1001|       0|template1
> dialup   |  1001|       0|dialup
> prueba   |  1001|       0|prueba
> rocio    |  1000|       0|rocio
> (4 rows)
>
> pq_recvbuf:unexpected EOF on client connection

I wonder about your encoding, 0 seems strange, did you try building the
database with a specfic encoding?  Try connecting to the template1 database
and then doing \c dialup and/or a select * from pg_database. I'm sure I have
seen this before, but the list archives seem unresponsive tonight... you
might want to try a search in the morning... also, can you post your version
and os info.

Robert Treat