PG, Crystal Reports, Stored Procedures and User Defined Functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Philip Rhoades
Subject PG, Crystal Reports, Stored Procedures and User Defined Functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
People,

I posted this to the general list with no response so this is the next
step . .

I have a client that I have just changed over to PG 7.2.3 and despite
the early teething problems things are going pretty well.  There are,
however, a few more difficult problems to do with reporting via Crystal
Reports that could easily be solved by Stored Procedures but these
don't exist in PG.  The User Definable Functions, which would be able
to do the job, are not visible to CR.

There is a white paper from Crystal Decisions about how Oracle Stored
Procedures are packaged to enable them to be used by CR.

http://support.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2010910.asp

Maybe the issue really lies with psqlODBC?

Does anyone know anything about this area?  If you do, do you think it
might be possible to also package PG functions to look like stored
procedures to CR?  If, so is anyone interested in doing the (paid)
work?  I am quite happy for the result to be GPLd.

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades