Re: DRAFT: v7.3 Release Announcement - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: DRAFT: v7.3 Release Announcement
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sun, 27 Oct 2002, Josh Berkus wrote:

> > Marc, as this is a press release for the community, not
> > PostgreSQL, Inc., it seems I may have wasted everyone's time
> > by missing the intended audience, which wasn't my intention...
> > I apologize for missing the mark after the *huge* buildup you
> > gave about me doing up this draft.
>
> Maybe *I* made a mistaken assumption.   I assumed that we were working
> on a press release for the general tech press.   Do we have other press
> releases to do?

IMHO, its the non-tech press that needs to be "informed/targetted" ... its
alot easier on the techs if their CTO comes to them and mentioned 'this
RDBMS PostgreSQL that they just read abou that we should investigate',
then for the tech to convince the CTO ... eaiser to implement something
when the higher-ups are pushing for it :)