Re: Foreign character struggles - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tim Perdue
Subject Re: Foreign character struggles
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 12:24:43PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> If you skipped enable-locale then you are outta luck.  The fact that
> there is a connection between "a" and "accented a" is purely a locale
> issue.

What I meant was, if I recompile --enable-locale and install over the current
builds, I would have to dump/restore everything and re-test the app. Or so I
wondered.

> >> You are missing libreadline.
>
> > Thanks. libreadline is there, it just isn't being picked up by psql. Any
> > suggestions?
>
> Do you have both libreadline and libreadline headers (libreadline-devel
> rpm, usually)?

Nope it wasn't, but it is now. When I get the clarification on the above, I'll
rebuild everything.

Tim

--
Founder - SourceForge.net / PHPBuilder.com / Geocrawler.com
Perdue, Inc.