Re: Foreign character struggles - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Foreign character struggles
Date
List pgsql-sql
Tim Perdue <tim@perdue.net> writes:
> I skipped --enable-locale because I feared I would have to dump/restore
> all my databases and require re-testing the application. Is that unfounded?

If you skipped enable-locale then you are outta luck.  The fact that
there is a connection between "a" and "accented a" is purely a locale
issue.

>> You are missing libreadline.

> Thanks. libreadline is there, it just isn't being picked up by psql. Any
> suggestions?

Do you have both libreadline and libreadline headers (libreadline-devel
rpm, usually)?
        regards, tom lane