Re: Current CVS has strange parser for float type - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Current CVS has strange parser for float type
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> I think this is a consequence of the changes made a little while back
> (by Peter IIRC?) in locale handling.  It used to be that we deliberately
> did *not* allow any LC_ setting except LC_MESSAGES to actually take
> effect globally in the backend, and this sort of problem is exactly
> why.  I think we need to revert some aspects of that change.
>
> Bruce, this is a "must fix" open item ...

Added.

                               P O S T G R E S Q L

                          7 . 3  O P E N    I T E M S

Current at ftp://momjian.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql/open_items.

Required Changes
-------------------
Schema handling - ready? interfaces? client apps?
Drop column handling - ready for all clients, apps?
Get bison upgrade on postgresql.org for ecpg only (Marc)
Fix vacuum btree bug (Tom)
Fix client apps for autocommit = off
Fix pg_dump to handle 64-bit off_t offsets for custom format (Philip)
Fix local handling of floats

Optional Changes
Add schema dump option to pg_dump
Add/remove GRANT EXECUTE to all /contrib functions?
Missing casts for bit operations
\copy doesn't handle column names
COPY doesn't handle schemas
COPY quotes all table names

Documentation Changes
Move documation to gborg for moved projects