Re: [JDBC] Out of memory error on huge resultset - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Tenny
Subject Re: [JDBC] Out of memory error on huge resultset
Date
List pgsql-hackers

I'm unable to get this to work using the default distribution JDBC driver.
(7.2). Here's a code snippet
     conn.setAutoCommit(false) ;     stmt.execute("BEGIN") ;     stmt.execute("DECLARE mysursor CURSOR FOR SELECT icol
FROMmtable") ;     ResultSet rs = null ;     if (stmt.execute("FETCH 10000 IN mycursor"))rs = stmt.getResultSet() ;

The FETCH statement returns an update count of 1, but no ResultSet.
If I try executeQuery, a "no rows found" exception is thrown.

Equivalent code in the C library interface works just fine.

I need a workaround, because default ResultSet processing in the JDBC
driver (and also the jxDBCon driver) pretty much blow out the memory
of the JVM.