Re: DROP USER weirdness in 7.2.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Kalchev
Subject Re: DROP USER weirdness in 7.2.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>>>Peter Eisentraut said:> Daniel Kalchev writes:> > > One would normally expect, that when DROP USER someuser is
issued,all> > associated data structures will be readjusted, especially ownership and ac    cess> > rights.> > Perhaps,
butthe documentation states otherwise.>

[...]> > Any resolution for this?> > Recreate the user with the given ID and drop the objects manually.

I was able to modify ownership of all tables using ALTER TABLE. However, the
associated pg_toastXXXX tables still remain with the wrong ownership.

In my case, I had to recreate the user, because it had to have rights in a
different database within the same postgres installation... Nevertheless, it
would be much more convenient, if ALL rights associated with the particular
users are dropped when the user is dropped and eventually all orphaned objects
have their owner set to the DBA (postgres).

It is not too difficult to imagine, that in real-world database installation
users would need to be created and dropped.

Daniel