Re: Postgresql and multithreading - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Postgresql and multithreading
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Anuradha Ratnaweera wrote:
<snip>
> > Nope.  To keep the `original' code licence as it is and to release the
> > changes GPL?  Is the question sane at first place?
>
> That would be a pretty big mess, I think.  People would add your patch
> to our BSD code and it would be GPL.  It could be done, of course.

Don't think so.  The patches would be "derived code" that only exist
because of the BSD licensed PostgreSQL base.

Being "derived code" they'd have to be released as BSD and GPL wouldn't
enter the picture, regardless if they're released separately as add-on
patches or not.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> --

first group; there was less competition there."  - Indira Gandhi