Re: Performance Tips - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Performance Tips
Date
List pgsql-general
En Tue, 15 Oct 2002 14:51:46 -0500 (CDT)
Eduardo Cadena <ecadena@rocketmail.com> escribió:

> Does anyone can my tell me some tips to improve perfomance?
>
> My working platform is WinNT4 / Cygwin 1.3.10 / PostgreSQL 7.2.1

The first tip would be to use some Unix server.  Cygwin is known to be
slow.  Install some recent Linux distribution if you want to have it
easy - PostgreSQL comes bundled there.  Some people here like the *BSDs
best, but if you just want to test, I recommend you try Linux first.

The native port to WinNT will probably take some months before it's
ready for public consumption -- it's presently in beta testing.

"Los romanticos son seres que mueren de deseos de vida"