Re: droped out precise time calculations in src/interfaces/libpq/fe-connect.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Denis A Ustimenko
Subject Re: droped out precise time calculations in src/interfaces/libpq/fe-connect.c
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 10:59:40PM -0700, Joe Conway wrote:
> Well, if we were specifying the timeout in microseconds instead of seconds,
> it would make sense to have better resolution. But when you can only
> specify the timeout in seconds, the internal time comparison doesn't need
> to be any more accurate than seconds (IMHO anyway).

Actually we have the state machine in connectDBComplete() and the timeout is
set for machine as the whole. Therefore if 1 second timeout is seted for the
connectDBComplete() the timeout of particualr iteration of loop can be less
then 1 second.

--
Regards
Denis