Re: Server locale? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Server locale?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 10:02:43PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > Karel Zak <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz> writes:
> > >  I good know why PostgreSQL not use all locale, I talked about SHOW
> > >  command. Why this command not show all LC_ values?
> >
> > The GUC code doesn't currently have a concept of "a variable it's not
> > allowed to change, ever".  If it did, we could expose initdb-time values
> > like LC_COLLATE that way.  Might be a good thing to do, down the road
> > --- we could replace most of the uses of pg_controldata with read-only
> > SHOW variables.
>
> Added to TODO:
>
>         o Allow SHOW of non-modifiable variables, like pg_controldata

Ok, I'm looking at guc.c right now and is there any reason why you couldn't
just add a PGC_READONLY that throws an error when you try to change it. If
this is the case I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Or did you have something more substantial in mind?