Problem running postgre as a windows NT service - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Savita
Subject Problem running postgre as a windows NT service
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I would like to know few things about making postgre as NT service.Yesterday
with the help of this mailing list I got some good documentation about how
to create postgre as NT service.

1.I have installed the postgre and I am able to run it without making it a
service.

When I install it as a NT service.I am not able to understand how the client
will connect to it and also where to give the database name.In the
doucmentation I found that they have mentioned something like

Start the cygipc ipc-daemon:

    # net start ipc-daemon

 Start postmaster:

    # net start postmaster

Connect to PostgreSQL:

    # psql -U postgres template1

why should we do this Creating the postgre as a service it is not possible
to start it from start->sevices->control panel.If so then how the client
will give the database name to connect to the postgre.

--
Best Regards
- Savita