Re: Problem running postgre as a windows NT service - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nigel J. Andrews
Subject Re: Problem running postgre as a windows NT service
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Savita wrote:

> Connect to PostgreSQL:
>
>     # psql -U postgres template1
>
> why should we do this Creating the postgre as a service it is not possible
> to start it from start->sevices->control panel.If so then how the client
> will give the database name to connect to the postgre.

No idea about the control panel stuff but that last stage you list is nothing
to do with starting the service. psql connects to the database server it was
obviously listed in the documentation as a test to confirm the previous
commands had managed to start the server.

--
Nigel J. Andrews