Re: Setting up PAM authentication - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Setting up PAM authentication
Date
List pgsql-novice
Richard,

> I'm trying to setup PAM authentication for PostgreSQL. I compiled with PAM
> and configured pg_hba.conf:
> host       test        10.3.62.251   255.255.255.255    pam
>
> When I try to connect I get:
> psql: FATAL 1:  PAM authentication failed for user "postgres"
>
> The log shows:
> CheckPAMAuth: pam_authenticate failed: 'No account present for user'
> FATAL 1:  PAM authentication failed for user "postgres"

You need to set up a PAM module for Postgresql.   I can't explain how to do
this, though, especially on HP-UX; try consulting a Unix manual about
configuring PAM.

Also, are you certain that HP-UX uses PAM?

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions