Re: "lo" large object - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Patrick Welche
Subject Re: "lo" large object
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 09:26:10PM +0100, Patrick Welche wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 04:11:24PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk> writes:
> > > lo being the type to keep psqlodbc happy when importing M$ access files. The
> > > old definition was:
> >
> > > CREATE TYPE lo (
> > >     INTERNALLENGTH = 4,
> > >     INPUT = int4in,
> > >     OUTPUT = int4out,
> >
> > Hm.  The system doesn't tolerate type cheats like that anymore
> > (and the code was wrong anyway, since it should've been using
> > oidin/oidout).
> >
> > I guess we'll have to fix the contrib/lo module.  Thanks for the
> > report...
>
> I didn't know about contrib/lo - the above was in a FAQ - I think where
> you get the psqlodbc driver from..

And contrib/lo works :-)

patrimoine=# \i lo.sql
psql:lo.sql:14: WARNING:  ProcedureCreate: type lo is not yet defined
CREATE FUNCTION
psql:lo.sql:20: WARNING:  Argument type "lo" is only a shell
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE TYPE
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION

and OpenOffice/Data sources -> odbc -> patrimoine worked.

Thanks,

Patrick