Beta2 on Friday Morning (Was: Re: Open 7.3 items) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Beta2 on Friday Morning (Was: Re: Open 7.3 items)
Date
Re: Beta2 on Friday Morning (Was: Re: Open 7.3 items)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Sean Chittenden wrote:

> > There has been a lot of activity on open items in the past week.  Here
> > is the updated list.
> >
> > Basically, upgrading and casting have blown up into a variety of items.
>
> What's the timeframe for beta2?  FreeBSD's going into a ports freeze
> on Friday and I'd be slick to see it ship with 7.3beta2.  'nother few
> weeks before beta2 or is it right around the corner?

I was actually going to post this tonight anyway ... its been 2 weeks, and
since nobody should be committing anything but fixes (right guys?), I'm
going to do up a beta2 on Friday due to the number changes that have been
committed over the past 2 weeks ...

Bruce, can you make sure that any changes needed prior to my packaging are
done before noon ADT on Friday?  I have no doubt that we have some
outstanding issues to work through, but this will give a new checkpoint
for those testing ...