Re: Beta2 on Friday Morning (Was: Re: Open 7.3 items) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Beta2 on Friday Morning (Was: Re: Open 7.3 items)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Sean Chittenden wrote:
>
> > > There has been a lot of activity on open items in the past week.  Here
> > > is the updated list.
> > >
> > > Basically, upgrading and casting have blown up into a variety of items.
> >
> > What's the timeframe for beta2?  FreeBSD's going into a ports freeze
> > on Friday and I'd be slick to see it ship with 7.3beta2.  'nother few
> > weeks before beta2 or is it right around the corner?
>
> I was actually going to post this tonight anyway ... its been 2 weeks, and
> since nobody should be committing anything but fixes (right guys?), I'm
> going to do up a beta2 on Friday due to the number changes that have been
> committed over the past 2 weeks ...
>
> Bruce, can you make sure that any changes needed prior to my packaging are
> done before noon ADT on Friday?  I have no doubt that we have some
> outstanding issues to work through, but this will give a new checkpoint
> for those testing ...

We are going to require an initdb for beta2 and I think we need to get
_everything_ required in there before going to beta2.  See the open
items list.  I think we will need until the middle of next week for
beta2.  In fact, I have the inheritance patch that will require an
initdb and that isn't even applied yet;  Friday is too early.

Pennsylvania19073