Re: Panic - Format has changed - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: Panic - Format has changed
Date
List pgsql-general
My best suggestion offhand is to create a plpgsql function that returns text
and make it loop through the array and output in the format that you're used
to. Then change you select statements from:
"select a,b,c from mytable;"
to:
"select a,myfunction(b),c from mytable;"
where b is the varchar array attribute.

I don't think that was the answer you were looking for, but it's the best I
could think of right now.

It can be very troublesome to deal with upgrades when changes like that aren't
mentioned in the migration notes.

Regards,
    Jeff