pgsql-server/src pl/plpgsql/src/pl_comp.c pl/p ... - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From momjian@postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian - CVS)
Subject pgsql-server/src pl/plpgsql/src/pl_comp.c pl/p ...
Date
List pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql-server
Changes by:    momjian@postgresql.org    02/09/11 20:24:10

Modified files:
    src/pl/plpgsql/src: pl_comp.c plpgsql.h scan.l
Added files:
    src/test/regress/sql: plpgsql-nsp-testing.sql

Log message:
    > Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org> writes:
    >
    >>::sigh:: Is it me or does it look like all
    >>of pl/pgsql is schema un-aware (ie, all of the declarations).  -sc
    >

    > Yeah.  The group of routines parse_word, parse_dblword, etc that are
    > called by the lexer certainly all need work.  There are some
    > definitional issues to think about, too --- plpgsql presently relies on
    > the number of names to give it some idea of what to look for, and those
    > rules are probably all toast now.  Please come up with a sketch of what
    > you think the behavior should be before you start hacking code.

    Attached is a diff -c format proposal to fix this. I've also attached a short
    test script. Seems to work OK and passes all regression tests.

    Here's a breakdown of how I understand plpgsql's "Special word rules" -- I
    think it illustrates the behavior reasonably well. New functions added by this
    patch are plpgsql_parse_tripwordtype and plpgsql_parse_dblwordrowtype:

    Joe Conway