Re: concatenation of strings - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joachim von Thadden
Subject Re: concatenation of strings
Date
List pgsql-general
Here are the results of the tests below, so that you need not repeat
them. I use the newest version (7.2.2) of Postgres.

select proname,prorettype from pg_proc where proname='substr' or proname='right';

 proname | prorettype
---------+------------
 substr  |         25
 substr  |         25
 right   |         25
(3 Zeilen)

select typname from pg_type where typelem=25;

 typname
---------
 _text
(1 Zeile)

SELECT 'haha'||substr('jojo', 2);

 ?column?
----------
 hahaojo
(1 Zeile)

SELECT 'haha'||right('jojo', 2);

ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "right"

SELECT 'haha'||cast(right('jojo', 2) AS text);

 ?column?
----------
 hahajo
(1 Zeile)

SELECT right('jojo', 2) || 'haha';

 ?column?
 johaha
(1 Zeile)

Sincerely
    Joachim von Thadden

--
Joachim von Thadden            Linux Information Systems AG
Linux is our Business. ____________________________________ www.Linux-AG.com __

Linux-Trainings bundesweit - Termine unter http://www.linux-ag.com/training

Attachment