Re: concatenation of strings - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: concatenation of strings
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 12:37:39PM +0000, Joachim von Thadden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a screwed problem with a simple string concatenation: If I concat
> a string with the result of a function, which is also a string, I get an
> error. If I do the same with a builtin function it works, also the
> return types are equal. Here is an example:

It would've helped if you'd actually included the output of the queries you
executed. It does actually work if you use a name other than "right", for
example, "right2". This would indicate a parser problem. I can't see it in
the source right now.

Anyone else know?