database replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From lego lego
Subject database replication
Date
Re: database replication  (Andrew Sullivan <andrew@libertyrms.info>)
List pgsql-general
Hello,

i want to ask if someone have experiance with data
replication for postgres. I know there is project
called postgres-r going on but it's still
unfinnished. But I need much simplier system more
mysql like. Having one server for insert that
are propagated to other servers used just for
selects.

I know i can probably do it myself with triggers and
some
deamon, but i want to ask if someone have done it
before,
as i don't like to reinvent wheel here;-)

I think that this cases should be taken in
consideration:

* one DB slows down
* one DB crash down
* resync DB after some transaction failure
* add new DB to system
* remove (temporarily) DBs from the system (for
trouble shooting).

I have tried http://pgreplicator.sourceforge.net
but it's not working very well for me.

Any linka and pointers will be helpfull.

Thanks

Peter

Yahoo! - We Remember
http://dir.remember.yahoo.com/tribute