Re: database replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: database replication
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 02:19:06AM -0700, lego lego wrote:

> I know i can probably do it myself with triggers and
> some
> deamon, but i want to ask if someone have done it
> before,
> as i don't like to reinvent wheel here;-)

Then cd to contrib/rserv, and have a look there.  That's more or less
the strategy.

You can buy s souped-up version of it from PostgreSQL, Inc.  We use
it, and it's good.

I've also read reports of success with DBMirror, which will be in the
contrib/ tree in 7.3.  The beginning announcement is at
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2002-02/msg00004.php.  I
haven't used it, so I can't report on it.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110