Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src backend/tcop/postgres.cbacke - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src backend/tcop/postgres.cbacke
Date
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src backend/tcop/postgres.cbacke  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > OK, seeing as no one voted, and only Tom and I objected originally, we
> > will keep the code as Thomas has applied it, namely that PGXLOG/-X is
> > recognized by initdb, postmaster, postgres, and pg_ctl.
>
> We will?  It looks to me like Thomas lost the vote 2-to-1.
>
> Unless there are more votes, I'm going to *insist* that this code be
> changed.  It's dangerous and offers no offsetting benefit.  XLOG
> location should be settable at initdb, noplace later.

Well, you didn't vote again in my follow up email, so I thought you
didn't care anymore, and Thomas didn't reply to my email either.  I am
clearly concerned, as you are, but Thomas isn't, and no one else seems
to care.

Can two guys override another guy if he is doing the work?  I usually
like to have a larger margin than that.  I don't know what to do.

Pennsylvania19073