Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src backend/tcop/postgres.cbacke - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src backend/tcop/postgres.cbacke
Date
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src backend/tcop/postgres.cbacke  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>)
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src  (Greg Copeland <greg@CopelandConsulting.Net>)
List pgsql-hackers
> OK, seeing as no one voted, and only Tom and I objected originally, we
> will keep the code as Thomas has applied it, namely that PGXLOG/-X is
> recognized by initdb, postmaster, postgres, and pg_ctl.

We will?  It looks to me like Thomas lost the vote 2-to-1.

Unless there are more votes, I'm going to *insist* that this code be
changed.  It's dangerous and offers no offsetting benefit.  XLOG
location should be settable at initdb, noplace later.