Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src backend/tcop/postgres.cbacke - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src backend/tcop/postgres.cbacke
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> We will?  It looks to me like Thomas lost the vote 2-to-1.

> Well, you didn't vote again in my follow up email,

I thought my vote was obvious already ...

> Can two guys override another guy if he is doing the work?  I usually
> like to have a larger margin than that.  I don't know what to do.

I'm not pleased about it either; I'd have preferred to see a few more
opinions given (and I'm surprised that no one else bothered to weigh in;
lack of opinions is usually not a problem for pghackers ;-)).

But I really seriously feel that this feature is a bad idea as presently
implemented.  If necessary, I'll volunteer to change it the way I think
it should be (viz, initdb can set up a symlink to a specified xlog
directory; no change from previous behavior anywhere else).