Re: pl/pgsql capabilities? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Roberto Mello
Subject Re: pl/pgsql capabilities?
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 01:43:29AM +0200, Ferenc Engard wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A long time ago (at version 6.3.2 or what :) I have asked, but maybe
> since it changed: can I use the procedural languages (any of them) to
> return a table- (or view-) like output, just like in Interbase, for
> example? E.g., if I have a metamodel and I want to write functions what
> perform complex computations and queries, can they return the result
> (which can be of many rows) to the client?

As of PG 7.2 you can, by returning a cursor:

http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/plpgsql-cursors.html

-Roberto

--
+----| http://fslc.usu.edu/ USU Free Software & GNU/Linux Club |------+ Roberto Mello - Computer Science, USU -
http://www.brasileiro.net/      http://www.sdl.usu.edu/ - Space Dynamics Lab, Developer

I wonder if Singapore has any computer pirateers or hackers...