Re: script to keep views "correct"? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: script to keep views "correct"?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thursday 27 Jun 2002 3:25 pm, Tom Jenkins wrote:
> Hello all,
> is there a script somewhere that ensures that changing a view that other
> views depend on, will recreate those other views?
> same thing with functions/triggers

I believe there's work going on to create a dependencies table, but of course
that's a lot of individual changes to make sure everything writes to it, so I
don't think it's imminent.

I try to keep all my source SQL/functions outside the database and manage them
with make. Not ideal, but the best I've come up with so far.

- Richard Huxton