Re: Proxy Server ... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Proxy Server ...
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> > Not possible to run a postmaster inside of the jail itself, which would
> > *really* simplify things :(
>
> Oh, you're thinking proxy inside jail, postmaster outside?  How would
> the proxy communicate with the postmaster then?

Same as it always does ... ignore the 'jail' part ... use this as a
scenario:

<Internet> <-> <Proxy Server> <-192.168.0.1-> <Database Server>

Now, I have found one that appears to work great (SSLProxy) ... which uses
JDBC to connect to the database, but it requires an SSL-enabled client to
use it, which cuts out stuff that use ODBC to connect, I believe?