Re: Proxy Server ... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Proxy Server ...
Date
List pgsql-general
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> does anyone know of a proxy server that i can run on a server to "pretend"
> its a postgresql server?  so that I can connect to IP:port and have it
> establish a connection to IP:5432?

[ scratches head ]  Why don't you just start the postmaster listening
to the other port instead of 5432?  Seems like a proxy inside the jail
wouldn't really do anything the postmaster itself wouldn't do.

Possibly setting VIRTUAL_HOST would help too, if the problem is that
the postmaster is trying to bind to addresses it's not allowed to.

            regards, tom lane