Web application frameworks supporting PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Atkins
Subject Web application frameworks supporting PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
If there's a more appropriate forum to ask this, feel free to point
me at it.

I'm looking for a decent web application framework that has good
support for PostgreSQL (as opposed to the many that only support
MySQL well, and other databases kinda, if at all).

In the past I've looked at AOLServer/OpenACS, Apache/ColdFusion,
Apache/php and various java based setups. None of them are in the
running, for reasons that come down to personal prejudice as much
as anything else.

So... I'm probably looking for something with a C/C++ backend[1] or
something Apache/mod_perl/{template-toolkit/Mason} based, more likely
the latter.

Has anyone done this, and have any opinions on how which systems are
worth considering, given that I'll be using a PostgreSQL backend.

Cheers,
  Steve

[1] http://samspade.org/ is running on a custom webserver highly
    integrated with PostgreSQL, using C++ servlets to generate
    all the content. I'm toying with open-sourcing it, under the
    same license as postgresql. Any opinions on that?