Re: Schemas: status report, call for developers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Schemas: status report, call for developers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> If you don't create schemas then you get backwards-compatible behavior
> (all the users end up sharing the "public" schema as their current
> schema).

I am a little uncomfortable about this.  It means that CREATE TABLE will
create a table in 'public' if the user doesn't have a schema of their
own, and in their private schema if it exists.  I seems strange to have
such a distinction based on whether a private schema exists.  Is this OK?

Pennsylvania19026