Re: Per tuple overhead, cmin, cmax, OID - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Per tuple overhead, cmin, cmax, OID
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Uh guys ... what I *said* was:

> I think we are planning to go beta in late summer (end of August, say).
> Probably in July we'll start pressing people to finish up any major
> development items, or admit that they won't happen for 7.3.

By which I meant that in July we should start hounding anyone who's got
major unfinished work.  (Like, say, me, if the schema changes are still
incomplete then.)  Not that we won't accept the work when it gets here,
just that that'll be the time to start demanding closure on big 7.3
changes.

And yes, I *would* be pretty upset with the idea of applying major
patches in the last weeks of August, if they are changes that pop up
out-of-the-blue at that time.  If it's finishing up work that the
community has already approved, that's a different scenario.  But big,
poorly-reviewed feature additions right before beta are exactly my idea
of how to mess up that reputation for stability that Marc was touting...