Re: libpq++ fixes - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From jtv
Subject Re: libpq++ fixes
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 01:02:27AM -0400, Neil Conway wrote:

> The website mentions your intention to get this code integrated into
> the PostgreSQL tree -- when would you like to see this happen? I'd
> definately vote in favour of it.

I would _like_ to do it straight away, but I've set myself one more
milestone--a real-world application needs to be ported, to prove that
libpqxx can survive more than a mere regression test.  The idea is to
make this a dependable piece of code from day one.

Unfortunately I haven't had a lot of time to get the application I
wanted to port back into a compilable state on my platform (somebody
working on IPv6 support accidentally introduced a bunch of Solaris
function calls).  So I'm currently hoping for either the news that
some other application has been written / ported to use libpqxx, or
the time to do it myself.

Jeroen