Re: WIN32 native ... lets start?!? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: WIN32 native ... lets start?!?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Actually, take a look at the thread starting at:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2002-05/msg00665.php

Right now, IMHO, the big show stopper is passing global variables to the
child processes in Windows ... the above thread talks about a method of
pulling together the global variables *cleanly* that Tom seems to feel
wouldn't add much in the way of long term maintenance headaches ... *and*,
as I understand it, would provide us with a means to use threading in
future developments if deemed appropriate ...

From what I read by those 'in the know' about Windows programming, if we
could centralize the global variables somewhat, using CreateProcess in
Windows shouldn't be a big deal, eliminiating the whole fork() headache