Fwd: help with jdbc driver building -postgresql sources - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From basis volume limited
Subject Fwd: help with jdbc driver building -postgresql sources
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

Subject: help with jdbc driver building -postgresql sources
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 18:09:14 +0000
From: basis volume limited  <bvol@b-vol.co.uk>
To: peter@retep.org.uk
Cc: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org

Greetings,

I have been trying to install a jdbc driver on Postgres-7.2.1 (source built)
   without success.
1. I downloaded the postgres7.21 tarball and decompress it.
2. I downloaded ant-1.41 from  http://jakarta.apache.org. I set ANT_HOME
environment variable in bashrc.
3. I downloaded jdk 1.3 from sun and from http://blackdown .org also.  I also
set the JAVA_HOME and JAVACMD environment variables in bashrc.
4.I configured postgres  with the option --with-java  but failed to see a
postgresql.jar file in the final ~/pgsql/share directory.
5.I then decided to try installing the driver: I  linked the ant shell-script
to the directory /postgres7.21/src/interfaces/jbdc directory.
6. I executed the ./ant  script but on each occasion I get the message
"postgresql-7.2.1/interfaces/jbdc/build.xml:7.2: compile failed, messages
should have been provided".
It seems there are errors in the build.xml file provided in the ~/jdbc
directory  and I would be grateful for any help.

Yours sincerely
bvol

bvol@b-vol.co.uk