Trouble with NULL - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Hoanui Morangie
Subject Trouble with NULL
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

could anybody help me please with the following problem: I am using Postgres 7.2 on Mandrake Linux 8.2 with JDK 1.4. My table:

create table data
(
id text primary key,
variant_id text null,
);

Query: select * from data where variant_id is null;
works fine - selects one row.

In my java code:

String query = "select * from data where variant_id = ?";
PreparedStatement pstmt = con.PrepareStatement(query);
if (parameter == null)
{
pstmt.setNull(0, java.sql.Types.VARCHAR);
}
else
{
pstmt.setObject(0, parameter);
}

It works if the parameter is not null. If the parameter is null query returns no row (should return one). What's wrong?

Thank you

Hoanui

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com