Re: I'm reading the source now... - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Thomas O'Dowd
Subject Re: I'm reading the source now...
Date
Re: I'm reading the source now...  (tony <tony@animaproductions.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
Tony,

Wonder if you could send the actual code around the query as this is
a rather curious error. Are you actually using the setString() method
of the PreparedStatement to set up the string? If so what does your
prepared statement template look like? It should be something like...

   "SELECT name FROM table WHERE name ilike %"

And then the string that you set in the query should be setup using
something like...

   ps.setString(1, varname + "%");   // maybe add the percent for ilike?
                                     // don't add it in the PS template.

If you print varname, before setting it, it should be just "N'"...

Try printing the prepared statement also before executing it. You can
just us System.out.println(ps.toString()); The result should be something
like this...

   "SELECT name FROM table WHERE name ilike 'N\'%'"

Tom.

--
Thomas O'Dowd. - Nooping - http://nooper.com
tom@nooper.com - Testing - http://nooper.co.jp/labs