Re: I'm reading the source now... - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From tony
Subject Re: I'm reading the source now...
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On Wed, 2002-05-01 at 01:25, Thomas O'Dowd wrote:

>    "SELECT name FROM table WHERE name ilike %"
>
> And then the string that you set in the query should be setup using
> something like...
>
>    ps.setString(1, varname + "%");   // maybe add the percent for ilike?
>                                      // don't add it in the PS template.

You win!

The setString() code is missing!!!

I won't try and figure what has changed in my way of building the JSPs.
I will try writing a custom taglib with the escape function in it.

Thanks to all for the information on the JDBC driver.

RESULT:

    - I will look at Deamweaver MX and if it isn't up to my expectations
(which have risen over recent weeks) I'll move to NetBeans.

    - I will keep learning Java

Thanks to all for your time

Cheers

Tony