Re: [GENERAL] Re : Solaris Performance - Profiling (Solved) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Re : Solaris Performance - Profiling (Solved)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 11:35:30AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Andrew Sullivan <andrew@libertyrms.info> writes:
>
> > ... so we can be fairly certain the problem is in the
> > 32 bit library.  Maybe the 64 bit one is better?
>
> Good point.  Please check it out and let us know.

Sorry this has taken me so long, but what with various stuff going on
here [1] and some vacation, I didn't have a chance to get to it
sooner.

But now I'm wondering, is there anyone who knows of troubles with the
profiling of programs compiled with -pg under gcc 3.0.3 64 bit on
Solaris 7?  Here's my configure line:

CFLAGS="-pg -mcmodel=medlow" ./configure
--prefix=/opt/OXRS/pgsql721-profile --with-pgport=12000
--disable-shared

But I can't do anything with it:

postgres721-profdata$ /opt/OXRS/pgsql721-profile/bin/postgres

No space for profiling buffer(s)
FATAL 2:  invalid checksum in control file
Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

Anyone with advice?

[1] We were purchased by our largest customer, which is probably a
good thing, but meant more meetings and less, um, other work.

--
----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue