Re: [GENERAL] Re : Solaris Performance - Profiling (Solved) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Re : Solaris Performance - Profiling (Solved)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Sullivan <andrew@libertyrms.info> writes:
> On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 10:23:41AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> But I can't see any reasonable way for configure to decide automatically
>> whether we should replace the system qsort.  I think we'd have to put
>> a USE_PRIVATE_QSORT symbol definition into src/template/solaris.

> Would it be possible instead to make it a --configure option, or just
> to add a note to the Solaris FAQ about adding an option to CFLAGS?

I think the default should be to replace, but we could probably have a
configure option to prevent it --- or to force it, in case people want
to try a non-system qsort on other platforms besides Solaris.  Whenever
I see something like this, I wonder whether the problem is more
widespread than we know.

> ... so we can be fairly certain the problem is in the
> 32 bit library.  Maybe the 64 bit one is better?

Good point.  Please check it out and let us know.