Re: timeout implementation issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: timeout implementation issues
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > What about psql and libpq.  Doing a timeout before every query is a
> > > pain.
> >
> > Psql and libpq would simply issue the query according to the
> > user's request as they currently do. What's pain with it ?
>
> If they wanted to place a timeout on all queries in a session, they
> would need a SET for every query, which seems like a pain.
   Er,  how  many  "applications" have you implemented by simply   providing a schema and psql?
   I mean, users normally don't use psql. And if you do,  what's   wrong  with  controlling  the timeout yourself and
hitting^C   when "you" time out?  If you do it in a script, it's

       yy... p p p p p.

Jan