Re: ecpg weird behavior - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: ecpg weird behavior
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 10:41:41AM +1100, Nicolas Bazin wrote:
> Yes I also have this issue. From what I read in the ecpg doc, indexed
> variables are not supported by ecpg and trying to compile the code definitle

Yes, there's an open TODO for that.

> proved it is not supported. The way I work arround it is to declare a local
> variable of the same type, copy the array element into this variable,
> perform the FECTH or SELECT and then copy the variable back into the array
> element. I guess the preprocessor could also generate the code.

It should be even easier. I think the parser could handle that directly.

> Another issue I had that ecpg does not support prepared statements. But I
> didn't have that many prepared statements so I just rewrote the code.

ECPG just simulates a prepare statement, but that should not qualify as
"not support". So what didn't work?

Michael

--
Michael Meskes