Re: ecpg weird behavior - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: ecpg weird behavior
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 09:11:34AM -0800, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> btw, I was working for the first time with ecpg and was very impressed.

Thanks.

> A company porting from Oracle ran into very few issues. Their existing
> code *did* have an Oracle extension to use a cursor to select multiple
> rows into variables declared as arrays. Have you run into this syntax or
> thought about what it would take to implement it?

Do you mean like this:

exec sql begin declare section;int amount[6];char name[6][8];
exec sql end declare section;
exec sql select * into :name, :amount from "Test";

This example btw is taken from test1.pgc under ecpg/test and thus is
fully supported.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes