Re: Mandrake RPMs rebuilt - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Mandrake RPMs rebuilt
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday 06 March 2002 10:42 am, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> with one additional RPM built for the python "mx" package.

> The postgresql RPMs themselves are built using the same spec file as
> used by Lamar for the RH RPMS. The mx RPM is massaged from the RH source
> RPM to remove gratuitous RH-isms and to remove references to the
> Distutils package, which on Mandrake is included in the normal python
> packages.

Thank you, Thomas.

I try to nix RedHatisms from my spec -- it is not always possible since I
only run RedHat on my Intel machines (I run SuSE 7.3 on my UltraSPARC, but
have not had time to work on SuSEifying the 7.2 set yet), and I don't always
know what the RedHatisms are.

Back in the 7.0.x days I found a number of RedHatisms while putting together
GreatBridge's RPMsets, but that knowledge isn't as applicable today as it was
then.

I do know that Mandrake is just as guilty in applying 'Mandrakisms' -- but at
least they are documented. :-)

It does make it difficult to maintain a 'generic' RPM.....

Speaking of, I may be able to get another release out this week to fix some
problems that have been brought to my attention.  We'll see how I recuperate
from my last 18 16-hour days..... (18 _consecutive_ days.....)

I'll look at your mx RPM's spec and compare to RedHat's -- if a finer grained
dependency can be determined, then we can go that route, as the eGenix mx
stuff goes by more names than just 'mx'.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio