Re: Do we still have locking problems with concurrent users - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Do we still have locking problems with concurrent users
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> > It has not been fixed.  One TODO item is to either stop mentioning hash
> > at all or get it improved.  We have been sitting on the fence for too
> > long.
>
> Could someone give me a quick rundown on where using a hash index would be
> advantageous over using a btree index?

That is the issue, right now, there is little or no advantage.  If we
can improve it, it may become better than btree for cases where you are
only doing equal comparisons, rather than > which only btree can do.

Pennsylvania19026